||Back to workwell, its that time of year again in which i go back to work. ALOT had changed in the past 6 months. Aside from the fact that there are now 15 apprentices and who knows how many new journeyman. But anyway, the most senior guy, Greg Macentyre, is off on a Long Term Disabiltity, and Sui-Tek has now taken his job and shift until he gets back (Greg has been there since 67 and is a heavy smoker, i dont think he is coming back), also Siang, who was the gamer Instrument Tech from last year, is now an Electrician Apprentice. Also, Greg Stasko (he studders) was the safety guy and has now been replaced by Aaron. One of the boses from my side of the river is also gone somewhere else. ANyway, now for the fun stuff, i have been at work for 4 days and have work quotes already.|
1) This isnt a quote, but more of a story.
While i was at school a guy got a job in where i used to work. He was there a week and then asked for vacation, i guess he said it was an emergency. but anyway, my old boss, Matt, was in New Brunswick coming back from a recruitung thing. It was 6 in the morning and this was a big airport. he was walking along and he say this guy, in an airport uniform, apparently, he was ditching suncor to work at an airport.
2 ) me and the other RAP student Chris just got to the shop.
John (who is a new employee): so you guys the new RAP students? *breaks out into turn table sounds*
Me and Chris: *looks of WTF"
John: thats why i quit rapping, all the young ones give me weird looks
3) Me and Chris were picked up shortly before the above quote by two other apprentices. one of them (Shane) was asking the other (Rory) how he damaged his car. Here was the story
"so i was driving along right, going under the speed limit of course, and this.....lamp swerved in front of me, and i hit it. Damn thing didnt even have insurance"
4) I had some training to do. on the final tests the final question was
"In Canada is it legal for a man to marry his widows sister?"
5) We were eating lunch.
John :"excuse me Josh"
I move, but you know how it is when your in the way of someone by a table you usually end up walking around it just to get out of the way. thats what i did
John: "sorry there fella, im not trying to hump you. although im not saying i dont think your kinda cute"
6) Chris older brother also worked with these guys. He looks exactly like The Beverly Hills Ninja.
Damon *pointing at Chris*: we need a name for this guy"
John: "already got one, his name is Orvill"
John:" i dont know, he just looks like an Orvill to me"
7) while me and Sui-Tek were at the permit center the operator waa making sexual comments. (ex: Ubin Jakinov) anyway, we were talking about the valve that we have to fix and all of a sudden Joon (Siangs father) comes out of no where
"Hey Sui, you can stroke my valve"
and then he left
i would also like to mention that my boss is Polish, and that another guy in my shop who is Chinease is Communist, i also think that my boss was put in jail while living in Poland for speaking his mind.
There is also a white guy from South Africa