||Gay MarriageThere were two topics pertaining to gay rights in the past. One had a last post from a year ago. The second was about 6 months ago. I think they qualify as "dead" by now.|
So here we are. Should gay marriage be legalized? Why or why not? Should gays get any other rights? Is there really a true reason to be for or against gay marriage?
But first, the rules:
1. Spell properly and refrain from excessive swearing. ("u fucking bitch ur just a pussy, u dumbass. go 2 hell" = big no-no.)
2. Refrain from gay "slang" as well. (flamer, faggot, queer, dyke are also big no-nos.)
3. Do not use your religion as an excuse to be against gay marriage.
The bible says that gay marriage is wrong so clearly all gays are an abomination of nature!
Considering that religion is a big part of why gay marriage is illegal, then...
4. Feel free to voice your opinion on the subject, keeping in mind that opinions are not facts, and it is impossible to win an argument or debate by acting like your opinion is the only correct one. If you seriously want to get into a debate and try to come out the winner, do your research. You never win a debate by having the "I'm right you're wrong" attitude. You have to prove someone wrong. You have to prove yourself right.
5. No personal attacks unless they are clearly deserved.
6. If two people are getting into a personal conversation, it's best taking to messages or comments if it begins to both (or could bother) others in the thread.
Personally, I am for gay marriage and gay rights. I also believe that gays deserve the right to not be ridiculed or judged (similar to the rights the physically and mentally handicapped have). I've written an essay as to why the religious argument and the "gays are this and that so they don't deserve rights" argument both fail. You can read it here.